Creative Explorer & Method Artist
My formal training was in London at Camberwell College of Art and then at Wimbledon as a theatre designer. I worked in theatre and film alongside my creativity monopolising home life. 25 years of painting tipped over into sculpting for a further 3, alongside writing, which in turn became short films, performance and a book. I have exhibited in London, Dorset, Brighton and Lewes. I was then fortunate enough to have been invited to exhibit at Farley Farm House, Home of the Surrealists. I learnt about these artists in my school textbooks so I was over the moon to be hanging my work in a building next door to giants of Modernism! I invited the mayor of Lewes to open the exhibition, he agreed and then bought a painting of Bonfire Night over Lewes and the Ooze.
- Antony Penrose has written a forward for my book.
- I have given a presentation at the Towner Gallery Eastbourne.
- I have exhibited at Farley Farm House, Home of the Surrealists.
- The Mayor of Lewes bought one of my paintings.
- Triptych commissioned by Halstock Cabinet Makers of England.
- I have a painting in the Bridport Museum Archives.
Degree, BA Hons 1998: Wimbledon College of Art – ‘Technical Arts Theatre Design’
Foundation Course 1994: Camberwell College of Art
Performance “Dismantle for Flow” 2019:
- Towner Art Gallery
- Chichester Literary Festival
- Eastbourne Poetry Cafe
- “Sensual Aggression”, St Anne’s Gallery, Lewes.
- “Philomena at Home With the Surrealists”, Farley Farm House, Sussex
- “Old Oven Stories”, Le Vieux Four, Beaminster
- “The Silence in Thunder”, New Steine, Brighton
- “Kith and Kin”, New Steine, Brighton
- “Creatures of the Night”, New Inn, Stoke Abbott
- “Twilight and Orange”, Le Vieux Four, Beaminster
- “Sugar and Spice”, New Steine, Brighton
- “Series of Four”, The Little Art Gallery, Beaminster
- “Philomena & The Sea”, Artemisia, Abbotsbury
- “Coming Home and Moving On”, Le Vieux Four, Beaminster
- “New Inn”, Stoke Abbott
Director of the Bridport Open Studios 2010 and 2011
Scenic Art 1999 – 2004:
Film, TV, Theatre, Advertisements, Music Videos:
- Band of Brothers
- Big Brother
- Have I Got News For You
- Midsummer Murders
- Seven Year Itch
Set Building / Prop making 1998 – 1999:
Film, TV, Theatre, Advertisements, Music Videos: Include:
- Sleepy Hollow
- Seven Year Itch
- Worst Witch…
Theatre Design 1998:
2 x Set Designs and builds: Italia Conti