Creative Explorer & Method Artist
I did my formal training in London at Camberwell College of Art and then at Wimbledon. I trained as a theatre designer but just kept coming back to paint, after all, painting was my first love. I still like to sketch and the whole craft aspect of art. We all love to people watch! Although it’s almost less about how people actually look, more about capturing how they are. I also sit outside, well really only in good weather, and paint actual scenes from life. All this collated imagery becomes a visual symbolism that feeds into my narrative paintings: images that tell stories. I have exhibited in London, Dorset, Brighton and Lewes. I was then fortunate enough to have been invited to exhibit at Farley Farm House, Home of the Surrealists. I learnt about these artists in my school textbooks so I was over the moon to be hanging my work in a building next door to giants of Modernism! I invited the mayor of Lewes to open the exhibition, he agreed and then bought a painting of Bonfire Night over Lewes and the Ooze.
- Antony Penrose has written a forward for my book.
- I have given a presentation at the Towner Gallery Eastbourne.
- I have exhibited at Farley Farm House, Home of the Surrealists.
- The Mayor of Lewes bought one of my paintings.
- Triptych commissioned by Halstock Cabinet Makers of England.
- I have a painting in the Bridport Museum Archives.
Degree, BA Hons 1998: Wimbledon College of Art – ‘Technical Arts Theatre Design’
Foundation Course 1994: Camberwell College of Art
Performance “Dismantle for Flow” 2019:
- Towner Art Gallery
- Chichester Literary Festival
- Eastbourne Poetry Cafe
- “Sensual Aggression”, St Anne’s Gallery, Lewes.
- “Philomena at Home With the Surrealists”, Farley Farm House, Sussex
- “Old Oven Stories”, Le Vieux Four, Beaminster
- “The Silence in Thunder”, New Steine, Brighton
- “Kith and Kin”, New Steine, Brighton
- “Creatures of the Night”, New Inn, Stoke Abbott
- “Twilight and Orange”, Le Vieux Four, Beaminster
- “Sugar and Spice”, New Steine, Brighton
- “Series of Four”, The Little Art Gallery, Beaminster
- “Philomena & The Sea”, Artemisia, Abbotsbury
- “Coming Home and Moving On”, Le Vieux Four, Beaminster
- “New Inn”, Stoke Abbott
Director of the Bridport Open Studios 2010 and 2011
Scenic Art 1999 – 2004:
Film, TV, Theatre, Advertisements, Music Videos:
- Band of Brothers
- Big Brother
- Have I Got News For You
- Midsummer Murders
- Seven Year Itch
Set Building / Prop making 1998 – 1999:
Film, TV, Theatre, Advertisements, Music Videos: Include:
- Sleepy Hollow
- Seven Year Itch
- Worst Witch…
Theatre Design 1998:
2 x Set Designs and builds: Italia Conti